Friday 31 August 2012

Colourful Cupcakes for a Brilliant Wedding!

The weekend that I went on holiday this year was extra special, I love travelling and so i’m always really excited to be going on holiday; but I was also super excited this year because the day before I flew to Switzerland was the wedding of one of one of our closest family friends! The wedding was amazing, it was such a laid back and fun day (we’re talking a bride in shorts, and a BBQ and Bouncy Castle reception!) and I made a few cupcakes to put on the food table. These were all vanilla cupcakes (a pretty safe bet for a crowd usually!) decorated with glitter and very brightly coloured sugar flowers. I made the flowers in lime green and orange, bride Heather’s favourite colours when she was younger, and I made lots of different styles of flowers to make sure the display was varied and colourful. The cupcakes were on my 36-cupcake stand.


I was quite happy with how they turned out, and they went down quite well, I was informed that many of them were finished off at breakfast time the next day! However, they weren’t really needed at the wedding, as Heather, the bride and also another keen baker; had created her own stunning wedding cake, with the theme of sea, land and sky. The cake was absolutely gorgeous; I had a slice of the chocolate-with-nutella-ganache bottom tier, which was rich and super chocolaty- as lovely on the inside as it was on the outside J
The day was incredible, but I did discover one thing- bouncy castles are hard work when you aren’t a little kid any more, we were all exhausted!
Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment